ASL Communication recognizes that many in our Deaf, hard of hearing and interpreting community are being pushed into virtual communication in school, work and community appointments and meetings. It has come to our attention that many of you do not have the equipment necessary to transition to virtual platforms. In an effort to support the community, ASL Communication has acquired 25 Chromebooks and is offering them to the community on an as needed basis via a scholarship program.
Who is providing the Chromebooks?
ASL Communication has purchased the Chromebooks specifically to be provided to members of the community in need of technology to access education, healthcare and employment.
What are the criteria for applying?
- Applicants must be either Deaf, hard of hearing, or a service provider for the deaf and hard of hearing community.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Parents or Guardians may submit an application for any student under the age of 18.
- Applicants must have limited technology to access online classes, employment or medical and community appointments.
- Applicants must submit a completed application
Will everyone who applies receive a Chromebook?
ASL Communication has a limited number of Chromebooks available (25). The application will remain open until all 25 have been given out. If more than 25 individuals apply, then applications will be prioritized based on need and depending on each situation, you may or may not be a recipient.
Can I apply for more than one Chromebook?
In an effort to support as many households as possible, only one recipient per household can be accepted.
If I am selected, how will I get the Chromebook?
ASL Communication will schedule a designated time to pick up your Chromebook at the ASL Communication office located at 40 E Horizon Ridge Pkwy., Suite 102, Henderson, Nevada 89002. Recipients not living in the Las Vegas area may pay a shipping fee and have them shipped.
How do I apply?
You may apply online by clicking the apply button below: